Name: Chris Farrell Membership
Price: $4.95 the first week, $37 monthly, $297 yearly, there are upsales and other product promotions.
Owners: Chris Farrell
Scam or Legit: Legit
Overall Rank: 7/10
Who is Chris Farrell?
Chris Farrell is an internet marketer who quit his radio talk show job in 2008 to pursue making money online. After becoming extremely successful, he started one of the highest rated programs to teach others how to make money through internet marketing.
What is the Chris Farrell Membership?
The Chris Farrell Membership is one of the better known and respected internet marketing programs in the industry. The program is designed to take someone with no technical or internet marketing skills and teach them to make money online. The training is primarily video based and step-by-step, which is ideal for beginners.
Is it a Scam?
I developed 8 Signs of Internet Scams after getting suckered a few times. Once I developed these guidelines, I have not been scammed since. I always weight them against any program or offer before I buy. The only red flag for CFM was that it does not offer a free trial membership. However it does offer a 7-day membership for $4.95, which is low enough to not cause concern.
It passed my 8 Signs so I signed up. The question on the program’s legitimacy is an important part of knowing “What is the Chris Farrell Membership.” After joining I can assure you that it is a legitimate program.
Who is Chris Farrell Membership For?
The training is primarily for beginners. By beginners, I mean people who are on day 1 of learning to make money online. If you have any experience in internet marketing, you probably won’t find this program very helpful.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to follow, step-by-step
- Cheap Trial Membership ($4.95 for 7 days).
- “Done for You” templates. This is great for beginners.
- The staff is fairly quick with their response time with a private ticket system.
- The community is semi-active to give pointers and support.
- Easy to cancel.
What I liked. Overall the program is good. Its not the best, but it is good. The videos are simple and easy to follow. Chris has a lot of enthusiasm and seems genuine. If you are a beginner than you will find this program helpful. He follows a set schedule to keep you from getting side-tracked or overwhelmed, which is easy to do with the information overload. They do have a great support system.
- Points system to watch videos (I go into more detail in the next paragraph down under “What I really didn’t like”).
- Free hosting are only for annual subscribers. I’m not a big fan of this part of the program at all.
- Too much focus on one marketing method (list building) when there are others out there.
- If you already know the basics, this isn’t for you.
- The majority of the training, (pretty much all of it) is video based. If you prefer to read or if you have a slow connection, you will be frustrated with the training.
- No internal search engine to find training on a specific topic.
- SEO training is almost non-existent.
- There isn’t a true sense of community.
- You will outgrow the program in a few months.
- Not the best program or training of its kind.
What I Really Didn’t Like.
One thing that I really didn’t like about the Chris Farrell membership was the points system in the “Money Making Lab.” Every month that your membership remains active you get 50 points, to unlock each video it will cost you 50 points. So basically you only get to watch one video a month!
This is unacceptable in a membership program and a “show stopper” for me. He gave several justifications for this, but as a customer they were all unacceptable. I don’t like being charged a membership fee, then having to earn points to receive all the training.
This is what makes Wealthy Affiliate the best program out there. Once you join the Premium membership, you get everything.
Other things I didn’t like. The forums aren’t that great and I see posts without replies to them. This is shows that the community isn’t super active. There are a lot of banners in some of the posts, which tells me that people are using them to market rather than what they are intended for. For example, the forum moderator has a huge advertisement for an ebook on every one of his posts. This is a huge turn off for me.
Also, from the first day you join there will be additional products and upsells thrown at you. You don’t have to buy, but I want a program that won’t keep trying to sell me stuff.
Why I Decided to Discontinue
I decided to discontinue my Chris Farrell membership for two main reasons:
- It was not All Access. There is additional training videos in the “Money Making Lab” section, however you have to spend points to watch them. I don’t like paying for a membership, then having to spend points to watch all the training. If I’m willing to go at this full-time, then I don’t like having to wait until the next month to watch another training video. I want to work at my pace, not the program’s. If I want to watch 5 videos a day then I expect a program to let me do that. You won’t get that with the Chris Farrell Membership “Money Making Lab” section.
- It is not the best program out there. The Chris Farrell membership is a good program but it is not the best. I am not going to spend money on a program unless it is the best. Read my Wealthy Affiliate Review to find out why it is the best program to teach you how to make money online.
Here is a quick Wealthy Affiliate / Chris Farrell comparison based on the monthly membership.
When I give my recommendations I try to write them as if my audience is my closest friends. For this reason I am hesitant to recommend or not recommend the Chris Farrell Membership, so I will give reasons for both.
Why I recommend it: The program for beginners who need a step-by-step training module. The program is legitimate, the cost is reasonable, and it does teach you step-by-step. Chris actually does an effective job of teaching so some people might prefer his style over others. If you are looking for a way to make money online then it is a decent place to start. A $4.95 membership for 7 days is a reasonable time and cost to try it out.
Why I don’t recommend it: The Chris Farrell Membership is a good program, but it is not the best. Yes, the program will teach you but it won’t teach you as well as Wealthy Affiliate. The program is not “All Access” and there are upsells, which I don’t like. Wealthy Affiliate has a Free Starter Membership with no time frame for how long you can stay on as a free member. I learned more from the free membership than I did from the CFM.
If at this point you aren’t sure if the Chris Farrell Membership or Wealthy Affiliate is right for you then there is no harm in trying both. The Wealthy Affiliate is free and the Chris Farrell is less than a meal at the drive-thru. There really isn’t harm in trying both. I have tried both and found Wealthy Affiliate much better, you can read my WA review here or Join for free.
Thanks for reading, be sure to like/share this post so that others can find a legitimate program to make money online and know: what is the Chris Farrell Membership.