Whatever your reason for going back to work, there are many amazing part time jobs for seniors. These opportunities will help you make money off your hobbies and things that you enjoy doing.
Part Time Jobs for Seniors – 6 Amazing Opportunities
1. Affiliate Marketing: You make money in Affiliate Marketing by promoting products online. When someone buys the product, you get a commission. The key to being a successful Affiliate Marketer is not strong computer skills. What you need to be successful is the ability to relate to people and offer products that will help them in their daily lives.
That is why most Affiliate Marketers choose to promote products that are in their hobbies and interests. If you are not good with computers then don’t worry. Wealthy Affiliate has an excellent program for beginners to learn how to make money online through Affiliate Marketing. They also have a Free Starter Membership to let you test the program out to see if it is right for you.
2. Freelancer: Hiring out your IT, writing, translation, graphic design, financial management, customer service, legal, or administrative skills are some excellent part time jobs for seniors. Websites that help freelancers find work include odesk.com, peopleperhour.com, and elance.com.
3. Part time retail: When I say retail I’m talking about something more exciting than Walmart or the grocery store. Look at stores that specialize in your hobbies. If you like fishing or the outdoors then work part time at a store like Bass Pro Shop or another outdoor store. If you are experienced at sewing then you can work part time at a fabric store.
4. Specialty Teacher (non-traditional): Throughout your life you have acquired skills that others are seeking to learn. People are seeking to learn any number of skills like sewing, fishing, woodworking, cooking, crafts, small engine repair, etc. You can make a little money on the side by teaching your hobbies.
5. Tutor: You can work part time as a traditional tutor or an online virtual tutor. One website that helps link tutors with students is care.com.
6. Home-Care Aide: You will typically care for the ill, disabled, or elderly in their homes. You everyday activities can include running errands, housekeeping, grocery shopping, cooking, medical monitoring, or general care. The hours that you work will depend on your client’s schedule. Various employers may require different qualifications like CPR or certified nurse assistant. Other employers may only require good manners so check first.
Final Thoughts – Part Time Jobs for Seniors
Reasons for you to find a part time job will vary, but that doesn’t mean that you have to settle for a stressful job or do something that you don’t want to do. When discussing part time jobs for seniors I mentioned Affiliate Marketing and I think this can be one of the most rewarding jobs that you can do.
The benefit of doing online Affiliate Marketing is that you get to work from home and at your own pace. You also get to make money off your hobbies and interests. One of the advantages that is the ability to connect with people in your demographic group that younger Affiliate Marketers will not be able to. If you’re not sold yet then check out my post What is Online Affiliate Marketing?
As I said earlier, you don’t need strong computer skills to be successful. Wealthy Affiliate has an amazing program to help you learn all that you need to know without prior experience. For example, check out this video called “Create a Website in Under 30 Seconds.”
If you can follow this video then you can complete any of their training. Best of all, there is no risk in trying this out since Wealthy Affiliate offers a Free Membership. You can read more about Wealthy Affiliate in my full review.
Be sure to like/share this post so others can find part time jobs for seniors. If you have any questions please leave them in the comments and I will get back to you.
Click to Join Wealthy Affiliate to start making money online.