Check out these possible 4 home based internet jobs to start making money in the comfort of your own home.
4 Home Based Internet Jobs and Opportunities
1. Blogging: It seems like everyone has a blog these days but some have become very successful at monetizing them. Most blogs make money with affiliate marketing, ads, ebooks, or other methods. Successful bloggers share their knowledge with quality posts, which can build a large network of followers over time. Bloggers can then promote their own products or those of their affiliate partners to receive a commission.
- Providing useful information on a regular basis is a good way to build loyalty.
- You can promote your own products or affiliate products.
- You work for yourself and at your own pace.
- Once the site is established, it can be a source of passive income.
- Low cost and easy to set up with the right tools.
- It takes time to build a large number of followers.
- There are a lot of other blogs and websites to compete with. Without the right training it will be hard to make money off this. If you need the training on distinguishing your blog from the competition then I suggest starting with a program like Wealthy Affiliate.
2. Niche Site: Niche sites are similar to blogs but they are distinguished by a narrow focus on a particular market segment or topic. It is also one of the more common home based internet jobs. Most niche sites make money through affiliate marketing, ads, or selling their own product. If you want to get involved in this a community like Wealthy Affiliate can teach you everything you need to know to be successful in making money online. Click here to read my review on the program.
- You can literally make money off your hobbies and interests.
- You are your own boss and work at your own pace.
- Once established, it can be a great source for passive income.
- Very low startup costs.
- If you are not experienced with creating and maintaining websites then you will need the right training. This is not difficult and anyone can learn this, you just need the right tools.
- There is a lot of competition in certain niches. Check out my post on Internet Business niches to find one that is likely to make you money.
3. Drop Shipping: This is where an individual (Drop Shipper) will market products on their own websites or larger sites like Amazon or eBay. When a customer buys the product, the Drop Shipper will then buy the item from the wholesaler and ship it directly to the customer. Successful Drop Shippers focus on a specialized niche rather than a broad range of products.
- No inventory needed
- This ebusiness can be opened quickly.
- Sites like Amazon and eBay are easy to list products.
- You work for yourself.
- The wholesaler owns the inventory so you will not control the packaging, which means they may get a box the wholesaler’s logo.
- You may face inventory shortages from the wholesaler after you sell the product.
- Will not create passive income.
- Some niches are highly competitive.
4. Freelance: You can use your IT, data service, writing, graphic design, translation, financial management, customer service, legal, or administrative skills to create online home income. Websites that help freelancers find work include odesk.com, peopleperhour.com, and elance.com.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Ability to work from home or on the road.
- Working on different projects and with various clients can break up the monotony of a traditional job.
- Can be difficult to find work if your skills are not in demand.
- Inconsistent income compared to a traditional job.
- Does not create passive income.
- You must have a specialized skill and a strong resume to make decent money.
Online Income Opportunities I Don’t Recommend:
Here are some opportunities that you will find ads and positive reviews for but I don’t recommend.
Swagbucks: I go into greater detail on my experience with Swagbucks in my post Online Money Makers. Check the post out if you want a longer explanation but to be brief about it… it’s not worth the time. If you calculate what you will make into an hourly wage then you’d be better off working fast food. It’s not a scam but it’s not a real opportunity either.
Online Surveys: There are legitimate sites that offer online surveys but you won’t make more than a minimum wage equivalent with this either. You can try it if you want, but I tried several sites just to see if it worked. I took a lot of surveys but what I actually earned wasn’t worth the time. I also go into greater detail in Online Money Maker on this opportunity.
Anything That Seems Too Good to be True: There are legitimate home based internet jobs, but there are also a lot of people trying to scam you or sell you on a mediocre program at best. I am skeptical of anything that tells me that I will get rich overnight with little to no effort, and you should be too. Often, these programs are designed to make them rich with your money. The best advice I can give you is to do your homework first and find programs that offer a free trial period before they expect you to pay.
Programs that offer a free trial period allow their product or system to prove its worth before they expect you to pay.
While there are some legitimate ways to find legitimate home based internet jobs, it is important to ensure that you do your research first to ensure you don’t get caught into a scam because there are a lot of them out there.
Also, make sure whatever you do adequately compensates you for the time you put in. Don’t let anyone get rich off your efforts unless you are getting a big cut as well.
The real money in home based internet jobs is in creating and managing your own website where you can market products or services (either yours or someone else’s). While this something that anyone can learn and be successful at, many won’t be because they are not willing to put forth the effort to learn. If this is the route that you want to go then consider joining a program like Wealthy Affiliate. I joined WA and was able to launch my first website within 3 days, despite having no prior internet marketing experience.
At this point if you are not sure on which of the home based internet jobs to pursue then I recommend trying out the Free Starter Membership with Wealthy Affiliate. There you will everything you need to know to start a successful online business. Click here or on the banner below to visit their homepage.
I hope you found this article helpful and please use the comments section to post any of your own feedback or question.